Semi Tractor Trailer/18 Wheeler Crashes
Gretchen Myers is an experienced personal injury trial attorney who believes in fighting for you. She has a passion for justice, and believes in the work she does. If you have been injured in a truck accident, or if you have lost your loved one in a fatal truck accident or semi tractor-trailer collision, would you want anything less from your attorney?
Schedule your free initial consultation to discuss any of the following matters or any other matters concerning serious personal injury. It costs you nothing to discuss your case, and we accept all cases, including truck accident cases, on a contingency fee basis. We only charge a fee if we successfully obtain a monetary award on your behalf. Call (314) 621-5454. Or, you may e-mail us and someone from the firm will be in touch with you within 24 hours.
- Catastrophic and brain injuries: Gretchen seeks the maximum compensation you or your loved one requires to address the medical expenses associated with a brain injury, spinal cord injury or other catastrophic injury. A crash with a semi tractor-trailer often causes head trauma resulting in memory loss, forgetfulness, learning and job issues and sometimes personality changes. Serious brain injuries can alter every part of the functioning of your body and your life.
- Wrongful death: Gretchen meets the concerns of surviving family members with great care. While no amount of monetary compensation can reverse or replace your loss, it can help your family adjust to the new circumstances. Sometimes compensation is needed to replace a family's source of income, hire a caregiver to take care of a parentless child or take up a worthy cause in a loved one's name.
- Truck/auto collisions: When a car is involved in a semi tractor trailer accident, the sheer weight of the truck combined with speed can result in serious injuries and fatalities. To be fully compensated, your lawyer needs to know and understand the trucking industry, which Gretchen does.
- Trucking regulations: Truckers and trucking companies must adhere to state and federal trucking regulations. When these regulations are followed, it is more likely that motorists will be kept safe. When regulations are overlooked or disregarded, the likelihood of a truck or 18-wheeler crash increases dramatically, especially when a company employs unqualified drivers. Gretchen has in-depth knowledge of what truckers are supposed to be doing and comprehensive understanding of how noncompliance with trucking regulations results in a semi tractor trailer injury and death.
- Truck accident investigations: Gretchen's knowledge of trucking regulations and access to a network of experts results in high quality truck crash investigations. She investigates truck accidents immediately — even before an official lawsuit is filed. She engages the use of experts, such as accident reconstructionists, black box experts and mechanical and electrical engineers to obtain a clear picture of how the crash occurred. Armed with this knowledge, she can determine the at-fault party, prepare the case for trial and pursue maximum compensation for you.
- What to do in a truck accident: Gretchen offers several steps the injured driver can take in the aftermath of an 18-wheeler or semi tractor-trailer crash.
- Causes of truck accidents: Accidents are usually caused by variations of the following: inexperienced, untrained or unqualified drivers, defective truck equipment, unsecured loads, driver fatigue and other noncompliance with federal regulations. We also handle truck accidents resulting from brake failure, speeding, drunk driving and truck company negligence.
You can choose a law firm that has full knowledge of the trucking industry and the harm its negligence can cause to innocent motorists. Call The Law Offices of Gretchen Myers, P.C., at (314) 621-5454 to schedule your free initial consultation. You can also e-mail my firm and someone will be in touch with you within 24 hours.